Staying Positive During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Over the course of the past few months, our news cycles have been nothing but doom and gloom. Every morning we are forced to face the new realities that this pandemic has created. For most, if not all, it has been tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Although it is incredibly important that we stay informed, focusing on all the negativity can have severe impacts on both your physical and mental health. So, as we continue on this journey together, here are a few things to do that will help fuel a positive mindset to give you the endurance need to weather this storm:
1. Limit Your Intake: Instead of watching, listening, and reading countless news channels/articles/stations, choose one and limit how much time you spend with it each day.
2. Look to the Past: Look at your past resilience and victories. If you’re reading this it is because you are still here, which means you overcame every single one of your past trials!
3. Look After Your Neighbors: Checking in on your neighbors will not only make them feel good, but will help remind you that there are others for whom this predicament is even more stressful.
4. Support Your Favorite Local Businesses: Find a way to help support your local business so that they too can make it through the other side of this pandemic.
5. Send Gifts in the Mail: Send an unexpected gift to a family member or friend for a birthday, anniversary, or just because. These pick-me-ups can be just what they need!
6. Take Advantage of Found Time: We all have a little more time on our hands now… use it as an opportunity to focus on people, projects, or things you haven’t had time for!
7. Take a Daily Inventory: Take time each day to think and reflect on everything you’ve accomplished and are thankful for. An attitude of gratitude will keep the negativity away!
Charles Swindoll once said, “I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” Although, we can’t control the current situation the world is in, we can control how we respond. We hope you can take from this a few tips to help you focus on all the positivity amidst this chaos.
If you’d like to speak to one of our advisors regarding your current financial situation, click here! For more information on how to remain positive during this time, click here!